- G. Heileman Brewing Company - Detroit, MI, USA
(also in Baltimore, MD, USA; La Crosse, WI, USA and Milwaukee, WI, USA)
- Blatz Malt Liquor 32oz [96, ML, NR]
- Black Label 12oz Can [00/03/25, B, 3, #914, $5.49/12, Toco Giant]
Pale golden color; sweet clean malt nose; thin-bodied; crisp and bitter light hop flavor, bitter hop finish and very long aftertaste. You almost can't get the taste out of your mouth after this one.
- Mickey's Malt Liquor 12oz Big Mouth, 16oz Can, 22oz Hornet, 32oz Big Mouth, 40oz [96, ML, NR]
Pure golden color; bright nose; crisp, and slightly sweet. The BEST malt liquor ever!
- National Bohemian 12oz Can [96, B, NR]
- GMT - Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Belle Gueule Rousse [99/10/03, B, NR, #821]
- Georgetown Brewing Company - Seattle, WA, USA
- Manny's Pale Ale 16oz Draught [06/06/08, A, NR, #1376, $5.00/1, Tap House Grill - Seattle, WA]
- George Gale & Company - Horndean, Hampshire, England
- Festival Mild Ale 16.9oz [03/04/19, A, NR, #1214, $3.99/1, Green's Beverages]
Fizzy and sour nose... bad one.
- 1997 Prize Old Ale 9.3oz [05/07/25, A, 5, #1332, $4.55/1, Green's Beverages]
Ruby color; tart nose with a hint of sour berries; full-bodied; flavor like the nose, sour and sweet like Sour Patch Kids candy, long tart and sweet aftertaste.
- Golden Valley Brewery - McMinnville, OR, USA
- Red Thistle Ale [00/01/03, A, 6, #885, $1.65/1, Belmont Station - Portland, OR]
Deep golden amber brown color; malty nose, slight roasty presence; medium-bodied; bitter tart hop and malt flavor, faint grapefruit hints, bitter finish and long bitter hop aftertaste.
- Gordon Biersch Brewing Company - Palo Alto, CA, USA
(also in San Jose, CA, USA)
(visited brewery and acquired a coaster)
- Pilsner 16.9oz Draught [98/09/26, B, NR]
- Märzen [99/10/26, B, 6, #837, $6.99/6, Papa's Food Store - Santa Clara, CA]
Golden amber color; medium-bodied; crisp, lightly hopped, balanced, short finish and aftertaste.
- Goose Island Beer Company - Chicago, IL, USA
(visited brewpub and picked up a pint glass, coaster and beer menu)
- Baderbrau Pilsner 5oz Draught [00/04/16, B, NR, #927, $3.00/3]
- Blonde Ale [00/03/31, A, 6, #916, $8.99/12, Trader Joe's - Pasadena, CA]
Pale golden color; light fruity nose; thin-bodied; balanced hop and malt flavor with a hop surge, quick finish, dry aftertaste.
- Demolition 1800 Ale 5oz Draught [00/04/16, A, NR, #928, $3.00/3]
- Dublin Stout 5oz Draught [00/04/16, S, NR, #931, $3.00/3]
- Goat Boy Bock 5oz Draught [00/04/16, BK, NR, #930, $3.00/3]
- Hex Nut Brown Ale [00/04/01, A, 7, #917, $8.99/12, Trader Joe's - Pasadena, CA]
Deep amber color; light caramel malt nose; medium-bodied; caramel malt flavor, s
lightly sweet, very lightly hopped, short finish with faint malt aftertaste.
- Honker's Ale [99/09/04, A, 5, #815, $7.19/6, Gay's Hops N Schnapps - Angola, IN]
Golden color; light floral hop nose; thin to medium-bodied; bright hop flavor, quick finish and faint aftertaste.
- India Pale Ale [00/03/31, IPA, 12, #915, $8.99/12, Trader Joe's - Pasadena, CA],
16oz Draught [00/04/15, IPA, 12, $3.50/1, Hopleaf - Chicago, IL]
Dark golden color; huge floral hop bouquet; medium-bodied; bright hop flavor throughout, extremely well-hopped, lasting defined bitter dry hop finish.
- Kilgubbin Red Ale [00/04/01, A, 6, #918, $8.99/12, Trader Joe's - Pasadena, CA]
Reddish amber color; complex malty nose; medium-bodied; light and balanced, bitter hop and malt flavor, malty finish and aftertaste.
- Lamar Street Organic Pale Ale [08/08/21, A, NR, #1466, $6.99/62, Whole Foods]
- Oatmeal Stout [00/04/01, S, 7, #919, $8.99/12, Trader Joe's - Pasadena, CA],
5oz Draught [00/04/16, S, 7, $3.00/3]
Black color; roasted malt nose; medium-bodied; short roasted malt flavor, faint dry malt aftertaste.
- Spring Bitter 5oz Draught [00/04/16, A, NR, #929, $3.00/3]
- Grand Teton Brewing Company - Victor, Idaho, USA
- Bitch Creek ESB [05/07/12, A, 11, #1328, $6.99/6, Beverages, & more! - Milpitas, CA]
Deep amber brown color, moderate hop nose; medium-bodied; hop flavor with a robust malt background, balanced, faint bitter hop aftertaste.
- Teton Ale [05/08/06, A, 8, #1335, $6.99/6, Beverages, & more! - Milpitas, CA]
Amber color; malt nose; medium-bodied; balanced malt flavor with a hop background, moderate aftertaste.
- Granville Island Brewing - Vancouver, BC, Canada
- English Bay Pale Ale [99/07/26, A, 6, #780, ? - Vancouver, BC, Canada]
Dark golden color; light fruity sweet aroma; thin to medium-bodied; bright hop flavor in the beginning fades quickly into a malty flavor, faint hop finish and aftertaste.
- Great Divide Brewing Company - Denver, CO, USA
(visited brewery, missed bottling by about an hour)
- Arapahoe Amber Ale Draught Sample [99/02/02, A, NR, #651],
12oz [99/02/06, A, 11, AITM]
Deep golden amber color; light floral hop hose; medium-bodied; nutty malty flavor with a noticable hop presence, short and clean finish and aftertaste. I have two different bottle designs.
- Bee Sting Honey Ale Draught Sample [99/02/02, A, NR],
12oz [97/04/19, A, NR, AITM]
Cloudy golden color; defined honey and fruity nose; light-bodied and balanced blend with a delicate honey aftertaste.
- Denver Pale Ale 12oz [00/03/17, A, 11, AITM],
16oz Draught [98/06/15, A, NR, Colorado Convention Center - Denver, CO]
Dark golden color; light fruity nose; medium-bodied; zesty citrus hop flavor, complex malt background, quick finish and faint aftertaste.
- Hibernation Ale Draught Sample [99/02/02, A, NR, #652],
12 oz [00/12/01, A, 11, #652, $7.99/1, Cheers Liquor Mart - Colorado Springs, CO]
Reddish amber color; spiced hop and malt nose; medium-bodied; rich malty flavor, robust with a spiced sweet background, light bitter hop flavor with a bold hop finish and long aftertaste.
- Old Ruffian Barley Wine Style Ale 22oz [05/07/29, BW, 13, #1333, $4.59/1, Green's Beverages]
Deep amber color; complex fruity nose; full-bodied; sweet complex malt flavor quickly gives way to a massive blast of hop bitterness, long lasting bitter hop finish and aftertaste.
- Saint Brigid's Porter Draught Sample [99/02/02, A, NR],
12oz [97/04/19, P, NR, AITM]
Black opaque; bright roasty nose; malty and creamy taste with a moderate hoppy finish.
- Titan IPA [07/08/01, IPA, NR, #1427, $8.23/6, Green's Beverages]
- Whitewater Wheat Ale Draught Sample [99/02/02, W, NR, #650]
- Wild Raspberry Ale [98/06/15, A, NR, Colorado Convention Center - Denver, CO]
- Yeti Imperial Stout 22oz [05/08/16, S, 12, #1338, $4.59/1, Green's Beverages]
Black color; complex malt nose; medium to full-bodied; strong and complex flavor, hop bitterness and roasted chocolate malt blends together, long chocolate malt finish and aftertaste.
- Great Grains Brewery - Dallas, TX, USA
- Texas Tornado [99/06/03, A, NR, #742, $6.49/6, Roadies - Lake Dallas, TX]
- Greenshields Brewing Company - Raleigh, NC, USA
(visited the brewery twice, picked up a coaster and glass)
- Amber 4oz Draught [99/05/20, A, NR, #731],
[99/11/25, A, NR]
Dark golden color; clean malty nose; medium-bodied; crisp, balanced, faint bitter hop aftertaste.
- Dunkel 4oz Draught [99/05/20, B, NR, #733]
- Golden Lager 4oz Draught [99/05/20, B, NR, #729]
- Hefeweizen 16oz Draught [99/05/21, W, NR, #735]
- Nut Brown Ale 4oz Draught [99/05/20, A, NR, #732],
[00/06/10, A, NR, #732, AITM]
Ruby color; light caramel malt nose; medium-bodied; faintly sweet malty flavor, slight hop surge, malty finish and aftertaste.
- Pilsner 4oz Draught [99/05/20, B, NR, #730]
- Porter 4oz Draught [99/05/20, P, NR, #734]
- Stout [99/05/27, S, 11, #738, Greenshields - Raleigh, NC]
Black color; rich bittersweet roasted malt nose; full-bodied and velvety; bright bitter roasted malt flavor, long moderate roasted malt aftertaste.
- Green Mountain Cidery - Springfield, VT, USA
- Woodchuck Draft Cider, Granny Smith Varietal [97/05/10, C, NR]
Bright golden and bubbly with bits at the bottom; sweet fruity bouquet; light sweet taste, lingering bitter aftertaste.
- Greene King's Brewery - Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Abbot Ale Draught 14.9oz Can [97/05/04, A, 8]
Dark amber color; fruity nose; full-bodied, slightly creamy, strong, deep malty flavor and aftertaste.
- IPA 16oz Can [01/07/28, IPA, 6, #1093, $6.49/4, Green's Beverages],
[05/05/05, A, NR, #1319, £2.65/1, The Teddington Arms - Teddington, England]
Dark amber color; hint of floral hop nose; thin-bodied; bland and light hop flavor, thin dry bitter finish and aftertaste.
- Grolsche Brouwerijen - Groenlo, Holland
- Amber Ale [98/01/18, A, 6, $5.79/6]
Amber color; light roasted malt aroma; medium-bodied; short bitter dry taste, fades into a long slightly roasty malty aftertaste. Nothing offensive, but not terribly exciting.
- Erfstbok 330ml [07/11/03, BK, NR, #1446, EUR0.64/1, Albert Heijn - Amsterdam, The Netherlands]
- Premium Lager 330ml Can [99/03/27, B, 6, (British Airways 2227, Boeing 777, 35000ft, 530mph, -61°F, 27mph head wind) - near New Douglas, Scotland],
12oz [B, NR], 16oz [96, B, NR]
Brilliant light golden color; malt and hop aroma; starts out hoppy, finishes with a dry malt aftertaste. With coaster.
- Summer Blond [98/04/24, B, 2, $5.69/6, Tower Package Store]
Pale straw yellow color; very bold malty nose, slightly sweet background; thin-bodied; off-balance, strong malty taste, slight bitterness, short aftertaste vanishes quickly.