- Totals by Year
- 1996: 102 (avg 1.96 new beers/week)
- 1997: 234 (avg 4.50 new beers/week)
- 1998: 288 (avg 5.54 new beers/week)
- 1999: 258 (avg 4.96 new beers/week)
- 2000: 136 (avg 2.62 new beers/week)
- 2001: 124 (avg 2.38 new beers/week)
- 2002: 45 (avg 0.86 new beers/week)
- 2003: 58 (avg 1.11 new beers/week)
- 2004: 53 (avg 1.02 new beers/week)
- 2005: 47 (avg 0.91 new beers/week)
- 2006: 67 (avg 1.29 new beers/week)
- 2007: 37 (avg 0.71 new beers/week)
- 2008: 21 (avg 0.40 new beers/week)
- 2009: 26 (avg 0.50 new beers/week)
- 2010: 0 (avg 0.00 new beers/week)
- Total: 1496
- 75th Street Brewery - Kansas City, MO, USA
- Brown Ale [00/08/11, A, 8, #966, AITM]
Dark amber brown color; complex nutty malt nose; medium-bodied; roasted chocolate malt flavor, good hop background, long and faintly sweet malty finish and aftertaste.
- Aass Bryggeri - Drammen, Norway
- Genuine Pilsner 11.2oz [02/06/15, B, 7, #1158, $1.69/1, Green's Beverages]
Light golden color; clean malt nose; medium to full-bodied; crisp and hoppy, balanced faintly sweet malty background, lasting hop finish and aftertaste.
- Abbaye de Leffe - Dinant, Belgium
- Leffe Brune [02/03/02, A, NR, #1146, ? - Belgium]
- Leffe Blonde 33cl Draught [01/06/27, A, NR, #1075, ? - Leuven, Belgium],
33cl [01/06/28, A, NR, #1075, BEF145/1, Holiday Inn - Diegem, Belgium]
- Leffe Dubbel [00/04/05, A, NR, #923, ? - The Netherlands]
- Leffe Tripel 33cl Draught [01/06/26, A, NR, #1073, Holiday Inn - Leuven, Belgium]
- Abbaye St. Remy - Rochefort, Belgium
- Rochefort Trappistes 8 33cl [03/01/17, A, 7, #1196, ? - Pittburgh, PA]
Dark black brown color; very strong and complex sweet malt nose, hints of chocolate and motor oil; full-bodied; toasted malt flavor throughout, not nearly as powerful as its nose, mellow sweet finish and aftertaste.
- Rochefort Trappistes 10 33cl [03/02/10, A, 9, #1203, ? - Pittburgh, PA]
Black color with lots of floating bits; big strong malt nose; medium to full-bodied; complex malt flavor, sweet and roasted malt presence, bitter finish with a faint sweet aftertaste.
- Abita Brewing Company - Abita Springs, LA, USA
- Golden [01/09/23, B, 4, $4.99/6, Charlie Lahan's Carousel - Laguna Beach, FL]
Dark golden color; sweet malt nose; thin-bodied; crisp, light hop flavor, long bitter cloying aftertaste.
- Purple Haze [99/02/09, W, 9, #654]
Cloudy golden color; slightly tart fruity nose; medium-bodied; tart, bitter light raspberry taste, not too fruity, short finish and fruity aftertaste. Not overpowering, very crisp and refreshing.
- Turbo Dog [98/01/24, A, 7]
Deep ruby color; light sweet roasted malt nose; full-bodied; sweet, then roasty flavor; malty aftertaste. Too sweet for me, lacks hops.
- Åbro Bryggeri - Vimmerby, Sweden
- Original 40cl [08/04/23, B, NR, #1456, SEK79.00/1, Gröne Jägaren - Stockholm, Sweden]
- Achouffe Brasserie - Achouffe, Belgium
- La Chouffe 75cl [07/07/01, A, NR, #1425]
- Adnams & Company - Southwold, Suffolk, England
(also listed as Sole Bay Brewery)
- Broadside Ale 16.9oz [97/05/07, A, NR]
Copper golden; mild hoppy nose; bitter hop flavor hits you right as you drink, then fades into a delicate lingering aftertase. Refreshing. I have two different bottle designs, the one from 2004/08/14 is labeled Broadside Original Ale.
- Suffolk Extra Ale 16.9oz [96, A, NR]
- Suffolk Special Bitter 16.9oz [04/08/18, A, 10, #1269, $3.06/1, Green's Beverages]
Cloudy golden color; fruity nose; medium-bodied; lasting crisp bitter flavor, short finish and moderate bitter aftertaste.
- Alaskan Brewing & Bottling Company - Juneau, AK, USA
- 1998 Smoked Porter 16oz [00/02/26, P, 11, #906, 2.99/1, Beverages, & more! - Santa Clara, CA]
Black color with a reddish tinge; rich smokey malt nose; full-bodied; complex lasting roasted malt flavor, long dry smoked roasted malt aftertaste.
- Amber [97/08/26, A, NR]
Golden amber color; quiet, faintly sweet and fruity nose; light-bodied; malty flavor, slightly sweet, with a lingering aftertaste.
- IPA 20oz Draught [07/06/07, IPA, NR, #1422, 5.50/1, Fadó - Seattle, WA]
- Pale [00/07/15, A, 5, #960, 7.49/6, Beverages, & more! - Santa Clara, CA]
Light golden color; floral hop nose; thin-bodied; moderate bitter hop flavor, fades and vanishes quickly with a faint hop hint.
- AleSmith Brewing Company - San Diego, CA, USA
- Anvil Ale 16oz Draught [02/06/22, A, NR, #1161, $5.00/1, Sheraton San Diego]
- Alexander Keith's Brewery - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- IPA 20oz Draught [02/08/28, NR, #1172, CAD5.50/1, Graffitis - Kanata, Ontario, Canada]
- Alken-Maes - Kontich, Belgium
(also in Waarloos, Belgium)
- Grimbergen Double 12oz [99/01/01, A, 9, #626, ? - OH],
75cl [99/01/01, A, 9, #626, ? - Belgium]
Dark amber brown color, hazy; tart fruity nose; medium-bodied; light tart and moderate bitter hop flavor, slightly sweet malty background, clean finish and not much of an aftertaste. The 75cl bottle came in a tin.
- Allagash Brewing Company - Portland, ME, USA
- White [99/04/15, A, 8, #707, AITM]
White golden cloudy color; spiced nose, corriander; medium-bodied; light spiced flavor, short crisp finish and aftertaste.
- American Hard Cider Company - Middlebury, VT, USA
- Cider Jack Hard Cider [96, C, NR]
Bright pale golden; sweet dry nose; extremely sweet taste, with a mild dry finish.
- Cider Jack Raspberry Hard Cider [98/08/31, C, 7]
Deep cran-raspberry color; faintly sour nose; thin to medium-bodied; sweet fruity taste, mildly bitter and faint raspberry background, sweet berry aftertaste.
- Amstel Brouwerij - Amsterdam, Holland
- 1870 [97/12/13, B, NR]
Pale golden color; pleasant malt and hop aroma; medium-bodied; well hopped flavor in the beginning, drops into a malty middle, long dry hop aftertaste.
- Bier [97/12/19, B, NR]
Pale golden color; faint malty nose; thin to medium-bodied; lightly hopped, malty flavor and dry aftertaste. With coaster.
- Light [97/12/20, LO, 3]
Light yellow golden color; malty nose, thin-bodied; slightly bitter taste in the beginning, quickly turns into a dry malty finish. I also have a bottle from 1996, which was bottled by Heineken.
- Anadolu Efes - Istanbul, Turkey
- Pilsen 33cl [06/04/25, B, NR, #1361, TRY13.00/1, Ceylan InterContinental - Istanbul, Turkey]
- Anchor Brewing Company - San Francisco, CA, USA
- 1996 Merry Christmas, Happy New Year Ale [97/02/05, A, NR]
- 1997 Merry Christmas, Happy New Year Ale [98/01/07, A, 7]
Dark, almost black color; complex, bright, pine and spicy nose; medium-bodied; complex spiced malty flavor; slightly bitter at the middle and end, long malty aftertaste. This is just not my style of beer, I found the spices to be too overwhelming.
- 1998 Merry Christmas, Happy New Year Ale [98/12/03, A, 8]
Very dark color; big spicy pine nose, thick head; medium-bodied; spicy flavor, bitter surge in the middle, long rosted and spiced malt aftertaste.
- 1999 Merry Christmas, Happy New Year Ale [99/12/21, A, 10, #879, $9.19/6, Green's Beverages]
Very dark ruby color; spicy hop and malt nose; medium-bodied; bright hop flavor with a light spicy background, lasting bitter hop aftertaste. My favorite so far.
- 2002 Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Ale [02/12/21, A, 10, #1186, $9.19/6, Green's Beverages]
Very dark black color with a hint of brown; bright spiced hop nose; medium-bodied; pronounced bitter hop flavor, tart, spices show themselves in a long afteraste.
- 2003 Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Ale [03/12/12, A, 11, #1245, $9.19/6, Green's Beverages]
Deep ruby color; strong spiced nose with hints of pine; medium-bodied, foamy head; moderate spiced flavor, bitter hop punch, faintly tart, light spiced piney presence, bitter hop finish with hints of spices, lasting aftertaste.
- 2004 Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Ale [04/12/27, A, 8, #1289, $9.19/6, Green's Beverages]
Black color; faint spiced nose; thin-bodied and foamy; bright bitter malt and hop flavor, very lightly spiced this year, lasting bitter finish and aftertaste. This is the 30th year anniversary for this beer.
- Liberty Ale [96, A, 10]
Golden color; light fruity nose; medium-bodied; bright crisp hop flavor, well-balanced malty background, bitter hop finish and long dry hop aftertaste.
- Old Foghorn 7oz [99/08/19, BW, 14, #805, $14.14/6, Beverages, & more! - Santa Clara, CA]
Deep amber color; huge strong distilled malt nose; full-bodied; very strong complex flavor, hop and malt presence, long strong complex malt finish and dry hop aftertaste. Warms as it goes down, quite exquisite.
- Porter [97/05/20, P, NR]
Black color; faintly fruity nose and creamy thick head; full-bodied; rich taste, slightly bitter throughout with a malt finish.
- Small Beer 22oz [00/04/23, A, 9, #936, 2.49/1, Sam's Wines & Spirits - Chicago, IL]
Deep golden color; faint wort-like aroma; medium-bodied; lasting crisp and slightly tart bitter flavor, long bitter aftertaste.
- Steam Beer [96, ST, NR],
16oz Draught [00/04/15, ST, NR, $3.50/1, Hopleaf - Chicago, IL]
- Anderson Valley Brewing Company - Boonville, CA, USA
(with Boonville Beer coaster)
- Belk's ESB [00/05/13, A, 10, #940, $6.99/6, Beverages, & more! - Santa Clara, CA]
Bright golden color; light hop nose; medium-bodied; crisp and bright bitter hop flavor, malty background, well-balanced with a light bitter hop aftertaste.
- Boont Amber Ale [00/01/18, A, 10, #894, $7.73/6, Prestige Liquor - Sunnyvale, CA]
Copper golden color; medium-bodied; bright hop and malt flavor, well-balanced and robust, faint hop aftertaste.
- Hop Ottin' IPA [00/02/06, IPA, 10, #898, $7.49/6, Perry's Liquor - Pleasanton, CA]
Golden color; big floral hop nose; medium-bodied; bright bitter hop flavor, finish and long dry hop aftertaste.
- Poleeko Gold Pale Ale 12oz [01/03/29, A, 9, #964, $8.14/6, Prestige Liquor - Sunnyvale, CA],
22oz [00/08/09, A, 9, #964, $2.99/1, Prestige Liquor - Sunnyvale, CA]
Pale cloudy golden color; faint floral hop nose; thin to medium-bodied; crisp ho flavor, clean and light, gentle bitter hop finish and aftertaste.
- Anheuser-Bush, Specialty Brewing Group - St. Louis, MO, USA
- Michelob Amber Bock [97/09/30, BK, NR]
Dark copper brown color; very light malty nose is slightly sweet; thin-bodied, translucent; starts out malty, but quickly turns hoppy and has a clean, faintly sweet malty finish and aftertaste.
- Michelob HefeWeizen [98/02/28, W, 6]
Cloudy, deep golden color; malty and slightly rich, sweet nose; medium-bodied; well-balanced hop and malt flavor, strong malty aftertaste. Not what I would call a wheat beer.
- Arcadia Brewing Company - Battle Creek, MI, USA
- India Pale Ale [00/04/21, IPA, 9, #933, $7.49/6, Sam's Wines & Spirits - Chicago, IL]
Dark golden cloudy color; huge complex floral nose; medium-bodied, big foamy head; strong and robust hop flavor, balanced with a good malt backing, long bitter hop aftertaste.
- Artisanale du Tregor Brasserie - Minihy-Tréguier, France
- Tregor Sant Erwann / Saint Yves 33cl [05/07/12, B, NR, #1329, Brittany - France]
Golden color; bubblegum nose; full-bodied, foamy head; sweet malt flavor, cloying.
- Artois Brasseries - Leuven, Belgium
(bottled by Interbrew - Brussels, Belgium)
- C.T.S. Scotch 0.25l Draught [03/03/18, B, NR, #1211, EUR?.??/1, La Brasserie Les Prinnces Evêques - Liège, Belgium]
- Stella Artois 25cl Can [00/04/04, B, 8, #922, CDG Airport - Paris, France],
50cl Draught [01/06/24, B, 8, BEF130/1, Holiday Inn - Leuven, Belgium],
12oz [00/08/12, B, 8]
Light golden color; clean malt nose; thin to medium-bodied; crisp and clean, malty flavor, bright bitter hop surge, short bitter hop finish and faint aftertaste. With three coasters.
- Arthur Guinness Son & Company - Dublin, Ireland
(with several coasters, Kaliber coaster, three glasses, a Black & Tan pint glass, a Half & Half pint glass, a bottle opener, a small paper bag, and a keg ring)
- Guinness 250th Anniversary Stout [09/10/16, S, NR, #1489, $8.99/6, Alex Package Store]
- Guinness Bitter Draught 440ml Can [99/04/16, A, 10, #708, £1.09/1, The Victoria Wine Company - Aberystwyth, Wales]
Dark amber color; light fruity nose; medium-bodied, creamy; bright hop flavor throughout, long bitter hop aftertaste.
- Guinness Draught 11.2oz Draught [01/08/24, S, NR, $6.99/6, Tower Package],
14.9oz Draught Can [97/04/05, S, NR],
14.9oz Draught Can [97/05/02, S, NR],
14.9oz Draught Can [99/07/18, S, NR],
330ml Draught Can [04/01/16, S, NR, JPY800/1, Crest Club Public House - Tokyo, Japan],
440ml Draught Can [99/03/23, S, NR, £0.99/1, The Victoria Wine Company - Aberystwyth, Wales]
Black with a creamy white head; full-bodied, creamy, malty and full-flavored with a slight bitterness. I have five different can designs and two different bottle designs.
- Guinness Extra Stout 12oz [97/03/28, S, 12],
12oz [99/10/03, S, 12, CA$1.79/1, Supermarche Nascimento et Brito - Montreal, Quebec, Canada],
16.9oz [S, 12, $1.99/1]
Black color; light malty nose; full-bodied and thick; bitter beginning, malty throughout, with a long roasty malt aftertaste. I have four different bottle designs.
- Guinness Foreign Extra Stout 12oz Can [03/01/15, S, 7, #891, $2.50/1, Oliver & Wildgoose Investments - Freeport, Grand Bahamas],
60cl [00/01/15, S, 7, #891, N60/1, Uncle Ben's Super Kitchen - Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria]
Black color; big bitter roasted malt nose, faint sharp background; full-bodied, thick head; very bitter malt flavor, then fades into a gentler roasty flavor, a bit unbalanced, long roasted malt aftertaste.
- Guinness Original 275ml [99/03/22, S, NR, £0.80/1, The Old Brewery Shop - Cardiff, Wales],
275ml Can [99/03/23, S, NR, #701, £3.15/4, Co-operative - Blaenau Ffestiniog, Wales],
440ml Can [99/03/22, S, NR, £1.25/1, The Old Brewery Shop - Cardiff, Wales]
- Guinness Stout 20oz Draught [99/03/25, S, 14, #696, £2.00/1, Hen & Chickens - Abergavenny, Wales]
Black color; roasted malt nose; full-bodied; bitter hop and roasted malt flavor; long bitter roasted malt aftertaste. Simply incredible and the best I've had so far.
- Guinness Stout Extra Cold 20oz Draught [99/03/25, S, 9, #694, £2.00/1, The Great George - Abergavenny, Wales]
Black color; roasted malt nose; full-bodied; bitter hop and malt flavor throughout, fades into a long bitter roasted malt aftertaste. "Extra Cold" seems to be some sort of fad here... I prefer mine a little warmer.
- Harp Export 500ml Can [05/01/07, B, 7, #1301, EUR?.??/1, Tesco - Naas, Ireland]
Golden color; clean malt nose; medium to full-bodied; big malt flavor, hops balance, defined malt finish and aftertaste.
- Harp Lager [96, B, NR]
(bottled by Harp Brewery - Dundalk, Ireland)
Bright pale golden; complex, lightly fruity nose; crisp and clean, bitter up front, smooth aftertaste. With glass, Vitaliser glass, plastic cup, coaster and two different bottle designs.
- Kilkenny Irish Beer 20oz Draught [99/03/22, A, 8, #681, £2.00/1, Central Park - Aberystwyth, Wales]
Dark golden color; light hop and malt nose; medium-bodied; crisp hop flavor, moderate hop finish and aftertaste.
- AS Puls Brewery - Pärnu, Estonia
(also visited Hell Hunt, the first Estonian pub)
- Hell Hunt Hele 0.5l Draught [07/05/08, B, NR, #1416, EEK35.00/6, Hell Hunt - Tallinn, Estonia]
- Asahi Breweries - Tokyo, Japan
(also bottled by Molson Breweries - Toronto, Canada)
- Brewmaster's Select [05/09/14, B, 6, #1340, $8.55/6, Alex Package Store]
Deep golden color; light malt nose; thin-bodied; crisp and balanced with a malt flavor, moderate finish and aftertaste.
- Super Dry [98/08/14, B, 5, $5.59/6, Tower Package Store],
350ml Can [03/06/17, B, 5, ¥500/1, Ginza Tobu Hotel - Tokyo, Japan]
Light golden color; faint malt nose; thin-bodied; short crisp hop and malt flavor, very faint finish and almost no aftertaste. With poster.
- Astika Brewery - Haskovo, Bulgaria
- Astika Beer 11.2oz [99/01/03, B, 4, #629, ? - OH]
Cloudy dark golden color; big strong malt nose; medium-bodied; malty flavor, hops are present, malty finish and aftertaste. Lacking in balance and a bit quick.
- Athens Brewing Company - Athens, GA, USA
- Alexander Ale Draught Sample, 16oz [99/07/25, A, NR, #776, $2.75/1]
- British Brown Porter Draught Sample [99/07/25, P, NR, #777]
- KB Stout Draught Sample [99/07/25, S, NR, #778]
- Six Mile Nut Brown Draught Sample [99/07/25, A, NR, #775]
- Atlanta Brewing Company (now Red Brick Brewing Company) - Atlanta, GA, USA
(with Red Brick Ales & Lagers coaster)
- #'s Ale [08/10/19, A, NR, #1468, $8.99/6, Kroger]
- American Wheat [98/04/04, W, 8, $4.99/6, Green's Beer & Wine]
Cloudy golden color; big wheat nose; thin to medium-bodied; crisp bitter hop taste, malty background, light and refreshing.
- Kelly's Light [00/05/04, B, 4, #939]
Light golden color; clean malt nose; thin-bodied; light, crisp and slight bitter hop flavor, mild sharp bitter aftertaste.
- Laughing Skull Bohemian Style Pilsner [97/09/14, B, NR]
Bright, pure golden color; citrus hoppy nose, crisp hoppy beginning that gives way to a surge in the middle and finished with a malty element. With two different coasters and two different bottle designs.
- Red Brick Ale [96, A, 9]
Deep dark reddish color; malty nose; medium-bodied; well-balanced and robust, spicy bitter hop and malt flavor, long finish and aftertaste. I have two bottle designs.
- Red Brick Golden Lager [97/11/16, B, NR]
Hazy golden color; prominent fruity nose; thin to medium-bodied; bitter up front with a surge in the middle, the flavor fades into a malty finish and short aftertaste.
- Red Brick Peachtree Pale Ale [01/08/17, A, 10, #1107, $5.99/6, Toco Giant]
Deep golden color; medium-bodied; bright and refreshing hop flavor, zesty, lasting bitter hop aftertaste.
- Red Brick Summer Brew [98/07/18, A, 10, AITM]
Light golden color; very faint nose; thin to medium-bodied; crisp bitter hop taste balanced with a malty background flavor, very light and refreshing, short aftertaste.
- Red Brick Winter Brew [97/11/08, A, NR]
Copper golden color; zesty hop nose; medium-bodied; complex, bitter hop flavor in the beginning, turns into a spicy malty taste towards the end, long hop finish. I have three different bottles.
- Atlantic Brewing Company - Bar Harbor, ME, USA
(also in Portland, ME, USA)
- Bar Harbor Real Ale [04/12/30, A, 6, #1295, $7.14/6, Green's Beverages]
Amber color; nutty nose; thin-bodied; crisp nutty flavor that goes by quickly, not much of a finish or aftertaste.
- Augustiner-Bräu - Munich, Germany
- Lagerbier Hell 0.5l Draught [07/08/18, B, NR, #1432, EUR3.20/1, Bar 23 - Berlin, Germany]
- Avery Brewing Company - Boulder, CO, USA
- India Pale Ale [98/12/05, IPA, 9, AITM]
Golden color; bright floral hop nose; medium-bodied; big zesty bitter hop flavor with a surge in the middle, long bitter hop aftertaste.
- Ellie's Brown [99/11/23, A, 6, #863, AITM]
Dark amber brown color; roasted nutty malt nose; thin to medium-bodied; nutty flavor with a big zesty dose of hops, aftertaste is a combination of hops with a nutty presence.
- New World Porter [98/12/04, P, 10, AITM]
Black color; pleasant hop and malt nose; medium to full-bodied; bitter sweet roasted malt flavor bursts forth, light hop presence, long dry roasted malt aftertaste, with a dry hop background. This porter is dry hopped.
- Aying Brauerei - Aying, Germany
(with pilsner glass)
- Bräu Weisse Hefe-Weizen 17oz [97/06/14, W, NR]
Bright golden color, very hazy; strong wheat malt nose; very short flavor, malty throughout with a quick finish.